Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Month Two Favorites



Fisher Price Rock N Play:
The Rock N Play is one of those baby products that everyone has and recommends but for some reason I never ended up buying.  Luckily one of my friends let us borrow hers and Luke liked it a lot.  I really like that it is light so you can move it around from room to room with you.  This was a necessity for me because for awhile there Luke would scream if I left his sight, fun times... 

Carter's Zippered Jammies:
I love these Zippered jammies!  I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put a freaking thousand snaps on baby jammies... obviously they never had to change a diaper at 3 in the morning while the baby screamed and kicked his legs, but it only took me a couple nights to figure out that I was never going to use those again.  So now I am on a never ending search for zippered pajamas, they are not that easy to find for the smaller sizes but Carter's usually has a few.  I always like the colors and patterns that they have, Luke wears these a lot.

Honest Company Organic Healing Balm.
This stuff is the best!  Whenever Luke has even the slightest bit of a diaper rash or chapped skin this stuff helps super quick.  I don't use this with every diaper change, you could, I just don't, but when I do use it, it improves his skin by the next day.  I would highly recommend this stuff, I even use it on my hands, Alaska winters really suck the moisture out of everything.

Comotomo Bottles:
Luke is exclusively breastfed for the most part but on occasion he takes a bottle of pumped milk if he stays with my mom or sister or if I want a glass of wine.  Luke had a hard time with bottles, pretty much everything we tried had way too fast of a flow, even the slow flow nipples went too fast and he would constantly gag on the milk because he was getting too much at once and have the hiccups every time we fed him with a bottle.  After a bunch of research, I found the Comotomo bottles, they are awesome and have a true slow flow nipple.  The bottle comes with the medium flow nipple, you have to buy the slow flow separate, but this is the best bottle.  No more gagging, no more hiccups.

Gerber Soothe Colic Drops:
I can't say that Luke has had colic, but I can say that he has been a very gassy and sometimes fussy baby.  When he has gas, you can tell that his little tummy hurts him, these drops really do seem to help if used every day.  They are probiotic drops, I like that it is not medicine.  Pretty much the only downside to these drops is that Luke does NOT like them, they taste pretty gross, (I'm one of those moms that try everything I give my baby) but other than that, they are great.

Skip Hop Activity Gym:
We use this activity gym every day for tummy time and to play with the cute hanging toys.  Luke is not a fan of tummy time, (what baby is?) but he loves hitting and kicking the toys.  I also really like that the colors on this gym aren't super bright and ugly, I am kind of a freak about baby stuff not being ugly, I hate basic primary colors, I think they are awful, so when I can find baby stuff in colors that look nice and semi match our decor, it's a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment