Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

A Day In Our Life

When you become a stay at home mom, you inevitably start to get the questions and comments that suggest we just lay around and watch tv all day. "What do you do all day?" "It must be nice to be able to take a nap during the day." "I wish I could lay on the floor and play with a baby all day."  To these questions and comments, I say, HA!  Okay... so for the first few months, when all your baby wants to do is sleep, yes, you do kind of lay around and do lots of snuggling, but it's because the baby thinks night is day and day is night, and it's necessary.  But after the baby starts becoming more aware, it's game on!

A week or so ago Zack asked what we do during the day, so I figured I would write down our typical day right now, with a one year old.




5:30-6:30 - Luke is a pretty early riser, I will usually bring him into bed with us and give him a bottle of water and have a family snuggle for a half hour or so.

7:00-8:00 - We come downstairs and eat breakfast, have a little dance party before Zack heads to work then send him off, and clean up the kitchen.

8:00-10:00 - Upstairs we go to get ready for the day, Luke usually ransacks my closet while I get dressed, do my makeup, and do a little but of Rodan + Fields work (Best job ever, BTW).  I also work in my parents office, so I go put in a couple hours in the morning a few days a week, it is (obviously) pretty flexible.

10:00-12:00 - Luke starts to get tired around 10:00 - 10:30 so we will go lay on the couch and he sleeps and I catch up on e-mails/Facebook messages and pick up the house a little bit.

12:00-1:00 - Lunch time! I hate lunch time, It is the hardest meal of the day.  Luke is usually starving as soon as he wakes up from his nap and wants something to eat right the eff now so he usually has a pouch while I get something more substantial for him to eat, which right now is either bread, noodles, or bread...

1:00-5:30 - It is finally starting to warm up here, so after lunch we usually try to get outside to play and get some fresh air, play inside with some toys, go see an auntie or two, dance it off, and tread water until Zack gets home from work.  This is also the chunk of time where I try to get some house work done, laundry, dishes, vacuuming, picking up toys as Luke walks behind me and throws new ones on the floor, etc.

5:30-7:30 - When Zack gets home he will usually play with Luke while I get dinner ready, we eat, then we play and have some family time before Luke goes to bed.

7:30-8:00 - We all head upstairs to give Luke a bath, read a few stories, say a little prayer, tell Luke we love him 100 times and give him 50 kisses then off to bed he goes!

8:00-10:00 - Zack and I head back downstairs to watch a couple of shows, talk, and unwind then head up to bed.







Still rocking the Christmas jammies...




No comments:

Post a Comment