Pages

Monday, November 23, 2015

Countdown to Vacation!

Yes... I know my palm tree is under water... I never claimed to be an artist.

The countdown is on!  We are off to Maui for vacation in less than a month and we are so excited.  This will be Luke's first time on an airplane and I have to admit, I am a little bit nervous.  He has been walking really well over the past two weeks and he hates being still and confined, so this should be good (insert sarcasm here).  I have been searching Pinterest and asking all of my friends with kids what they do when they travel so I can attempt to be prepared for 5 hours on an airplane with a walking 11 month old.

Besides being nervous for the flight, we could not be more excited for Maui.  Maui is a really special place for our family, we went on a lot of family vacations there when my sisters and I were growing up, my youngest sister, Haley went to massage therapy school there, Zack and I's first vacation together was to Maui, and Zack and I got married on Secret Beach in Makena.  I can't wait to play with Luke at the beach and pool and take him to all of our favorite spots and restaurants .  It's going to be so fun watching him explore and be in a new environment.  

There are so many things we want to do while we are in Hawaii, we are going with the whole family and I think everyone has a little list.  All I want to do is hang on the beach and by the pool, eat a lot of fruit, play with Luke, and get a picture with Zack and Luke on the beach where Zack and I got married.  Low key and relaxed is what were going for.

I have already started packing Luke's suitcase, which is totally not like me, I am more of a "I have to throw my shit in a suitcase right now because we are leaving in an hour" kind of gal, thats just my style.  But with Luke, I can't help myself, all of his little board shorts and rash guards are so freaking cute, I can't wait to put him in all of them.  My packing will still probably happen at the last minute, but at least I know Luke will have all of his cute stuff.

The weather has been really cold for the past couple of weeks so we are more than ready to leave, we are just counting down the days... We can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment