Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Luke's Nursery

When we started planning Luke's nursery I knew I didn't want there to be a theme, but I wanted to have a color scheme.  I didn't really plan the yellow and blue, I just kept finding stuff that I liked in these colors.  I really like simple decor and I don't like there to be a lot of clutter, so we just got a few little signs and made a couple DIY wall hangings.  I have yet to find a mobile that I like, so it looks a little bare in the corner still.


My very first baby purchase was Luke's white Jenny Lind crib, I bought it right after I found out I was pregnant.  I have loved this crib for a long time and it didn't matter if I was having a boy or a girl, they were getting this crib!


I got Luke's yellow herringbone patterned blanket and changing pad cover from Modern Baby Design.  The wood letter L was a DIY, my mom cut it out and I stained it dark.


The wood arrows were another DIY project, I love how they turned out!  The "Love you to the moon and back" sign is from a small home decor store in town and the blue dresser is from IKEA, it is the 8 drawer HEMNES dresser.



The little airplane clock and the sign were both baby shower gifts and his elephant chair is from Pottery Barn.  For right now I have been keeping Luke's books in a little wood crate from Joann's Fabric but I would really like to get a bookcase or some little shelves to hang on the wall to display them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment